Brian Chan and Rick Hafele are the featured speakers for our January seminar. The seminar will be at McEwan University on January 19 and 20. Tickets are available at regular club meetings for only $65 for both days or email inquires to email@example.com.
Brian’s lifelong passion for fly fishing has resulted in his spending literally thousands of angling days on these world class waters. He has shared his extensive knowledge of aquatic biology, trout ecology, entomology, and lake fly fishing tactics with others, through a number of magazine articles, books, and instructional DVDs on fly fishing. Brian has been featured on many TV fishing shows and is currently a regular guest on Sport Fishing on the Fly and co-host of The New Fly Fisher.
Brian’s topics for our seminar:
- The Biology of a Productive Trout Lake
- How to Fish Chironomids in Stillwaters
- Damsels and Leeches-Fly Fishing Tactics
- Fly Tying Demo- Brian’s Favourite Stillwater Patterns
- Fall Tactics
- Fish Physiology and Strains of Rainbow Stocked In BC & Why
In 1981, The Complete Book of Western Hatches, Rick’s first book (co-authored with Dave Hughes) was published. Since then he has co-authored or authored several other books including Western Mayfly Hatches, An Angler’s Guide to Aquatic Insects and Their Imitations, and his newest book, Nymph Fishing Rivers and Streams.
Rick’s topics for our seminar:
- Advanced Tactics for Emergers & Drys Part 1
- Advanced Tactics for Emergers & Drys Part 2
- Nymph Fishing Rivers & Streams
- Patterns & Tactics for the West’s Best Hatches Part 1
- Patterns & Tactics for the West’s Best Hatches Part 2
- Five Mistakes You Don’t Want To Make