Our next Learn to Fly Fish courses will be on April 30 and May 14.
The program consists of a one-day course instructed by Club members. The cost is only $75 and lunch is included!
|April 30||9:00 am – 4:30 pm||Queen Mary Park Community League|
|May 14||9:00 am – 4:30 pm||Lion’s Central Seniors Center – 11113 – 113 St.|
What is Fly Fishing
- An introduction to the what, why, where, when and how of fly-fishing
- A discussion on what equipment is needed to get started including some hands on examples
- Instruction in fundamental fly-fishing techniques including:
- Assembling your equipment
- Basic fly fishing knots
- Finding fish
- Choice of flies
- Presenting the fly to the fish
- Hooking, playing and landing fish
- Hands-on instruction in casting fundamentals