For more information, or to sign up a volunteer, please send a message to
grayling @ nlft.org
Northern Lights Fly Tyers/TUC Edmonton has an opportunity to get involved in a project to study the Arctic Grayling. Arctic grayling are truly a special fish, but in much of the southern portion of their range, their vulnerability to development, harvest, and changing landscapes have rendered their populations fragile and in need of special care.
- Continue with temperature monitoring program.
- Aerial videography of sites using a camera-fitted quadcopter
- Assess & delineate key habitat areas
- Document habitat restoration needs & opportunities
- Collect evidence of angler activity (non-compliance) within closed areas to validate the assumption that angling related mortality is not influencing the outcome of the study.
- Provide volunteer anglers to assist AEP with monitoring fish populations in the study area, during August 2018 (year three of the five-year angling closure). (Tentative, working with AEP).
- Assist with TUC-NLFF sign installation and inspection at May 4/5 bank remediation site on Dismal Creek .
This project is financially supported by the Alberta Conservation Association.
2011-2017 project activities
Visit this page for information about previous phases of our project.